Website Mankato Clinic
The Mankato Clinic is hiring a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
Part -Time 60-72 hours per pay period
Hours are between 5:30am-4:30pm (Occasionally working Mondays to cover vacations)
No Weekends and Holidays!
Location on-site at J. Scott Sanders Center for Sleep Medicine
120 North Augusta Court
Mankato, MN 56001
The Sleep Center is accredited with AASM American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
The Polysomnographic Technologist works under the general supervision of the medical director to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders including in center and out of center sleep testing, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, comprehensive patient care and direct patient education. A sleep technologist is able to perform the duties defined for a technologist and is able to provide oversight of other sleep center staff.
The Day Tech will deliver wide-ranging support of sleep center operations including:
- Provide evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders, including in-center studies and home sleep apnea tests (HSATs)
- Provide diagnostic and therapeutic interventions
- Provide patient care and direct patient education
- Provide support for DME sales including instruction on use of PAP therapy equipment and troubleshooting home equipment issues
- Assist with patient scheduling and chart preparation
- Update and verify personal information and insurance
- Associate degree with an emphasis in polysomnography OR Successful completion of a Polysomnography program of no less than one year duration associated with a state licensed and/or nationally accredited educational facility
- 1 to 2 years of sleep tech experience. Knowledge of sleep medicine and professional practice.
- Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or obtain within 30 days of employment
- Excellent customer service, public relations, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work with a fluctuation in workload while working independently.
- Ability to adapt to change and engage in ongoing process improvement.
- Obtain and maintain mandatory continuing education units (CEU) each year to maintain licensure and/or registry.
Learn more about the Mankato Clinic at https://www.mankatoclinic.com/join-our-team
To apply for this job please visit www.mankatoclinic.com.