Website SSM Health
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you. You can make a difference in our patients lives every day.
Are you passionate about delivering exceptional customer service? Do you thrive in a team environment? As a member of our team, you will interact with staff, visitors, and patients to ensure a best-in-class experience at the hospital. This is a PRN (occasional/as needed) opportunity to join us and make a difference.
This position requires basic life support and one of the registrations referenced below at the time of hire.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we encourage you to apply today and join our team.
Performs diagnostic sleep studies related to the evaluation and treatment of patients with sleep disorders.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Prepares patient and equipment for ordered testing. Interviews patient to determine sleep disorder issues and to explain testing procedures.
- Performs and documents testing. Monitors the patient throughout testing and intervenes as necessary to resolve patient needs or equipment issues.
- Applies patient monitoring devices (EEG electrodes, EKG, EMG, EOG, airflow, respiratory effort, and oximetry) and records physiologic calibrations.
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information to identify and meet patient-specific needs; scores, interprets, and reports results of sleep studies.
- Prepares, calibrates, repairs and maintains equipment required for testing. Determines and reports needed repairs/replacements.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association (AHA), FUTURE – Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) within 24 months – Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT), FUTURE – Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) within 24 months – American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM)
Variable Shift (United States of America)
3602000007 Sleep Lab
To apply for this job please visit ssmh.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.