Website SSM Health
This role does not require prior experience as a Polysomnographer. However, having worked in patient care is preferred. If you’re interested in sleep and want to pursue this as a career, this opportunity is a great option for you!
At SSM Health, you can expect a work environment where:
- Employees feel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, while management is supportive.
We offer excellent benefits:
- Comprehensive suite of health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401k, HAS/FSA, and generous PTO
- Daily Pay for qualifying positions
- Established employee recognition program
- Commitment to employee wellness through our EAP, well-being checks with leaders, flexible work schedule where feasible, and online wellness opportunities. Select locations also offer free on-site fitness center access, meditation rooms, and serenity gardens
- A culture that supports professional development including tuition reimbursement and discounts, participations in the Federal Loan Forgiveness Program, professional development days, opportunities for career advancement and much more
- 40% discount on eyeglasses through SSM Health Eye Care Optical Shops at select locations
- Employee Relief Fund to help with life’s unexpected financial emergencies
- Commitment to caring through philanthropy, volunteer opportunities, and PTO donation program
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If you listen and respond with great care…
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of healthcare professionals just as kind and powerful as you!
Performs diagnostic sleep studies related to the evaluation and treatment of patients with sleep disorders.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Prepares patient and equipment for ordered testing. Interviews patient to determine sleep disorder issues and to explain testing procedures.
- Performs and documents testing. Monitors the patient throughout testing and intervenes as necessary to resolve patient needs or equipment issues.
- Applies patient monitoring devices (EEG electrodes, EKG, EMG, EOG, airflow, respiratory effort, and oximetry) and records physiologic calibrations.
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information to identify and meet patient-specific needs; scores, interprets, and reports results of sleep studies.
- Prepares, calibrates, repairs and maintains equipment required for testing. Determines and reports needed repairs/replacements.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association (AHA), FUTURE – Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90 days – American Heart Association (AHA), FUTURE – Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) within 24 months – Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT), FUTURE – Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) within 24 months – American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM), Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) – Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT), Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) – American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM)
Night Shift (United States of America)
3602000007 Sleep Lab
To apply for this job please visit ssmh.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.