The Society Acts on Behalf of Sleep Professionals in the State of Wisconsin
Operating for Scientific and Educational Purposes
The Wisconsin Sleep Society is an organization for scientific and educational purposes to act as a representative voice for sleep professionals in the state of Wisconsin. It is referred to as the Society or WSS. The group is composed of Physicians, Nurse practitioners, Physicians Assistants, Polysomnography Technicians and affiliate members.
GOALS OF THE SOCIETY INCLUDE:
- Promote increased awareness of sleep medicine and sleep disorder treatments.
- Promote and provide education in sleep disorders and sleep medicine.
- Encourage and assist in the advancement of scientific and technical standards of polysomnographic technology.
- Promote and improve standards of training and qualifications for physicians, PA’s, NP’s and polysomnographic technologists.
- Provide a unified voice for sleep professionals in matters of Insurance reimbursement, testing standards and the application of treatment modalities for sleep disorders.
- Protect and preserve both the patient and public trust in physicians, PA’s, NP’s and polysomnographic technologists by promoting the highest level of clinical standards for patient care and safety.
- Develop and maintain the essentials to perpetuate the Society and its objectives.
Save the Date!
Friday, October 9, 2015
The Annual Wisconsin Sleep Society Conference
Where: Chula Vista Resort, Wisconsin Dells
2501 River Rd, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
When: Friday, October 9, 2015 8am to 4pm
Cost: $90 (includes lunch, snacks, and vendor fair)
Lodging: Hotels can be booked through the Chula Vista Resort at 844-828-9981. Use Booking ID Number D82236 for our group rate discount. Rooms will not be charged if cancelled before 72 hours of the stay.
AAST CEC Program Application has been submitted for approval
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
OR register by mailing to Wisonsin Sleep Society using this form:
To register using a credit or debit card even if you don't have a Paypal account, click the Pay Now button below and then on the bottom right choose "Pay with a debit or credit card"
Note: You do not have to join Paypal to do this and there will be no extra charges.
(7:00am to 7:45am) Registration / Hot breakfast buffet / Vendors
(7:45am to 8:00am) Introduction
(8:00am to 9:00am) Clinical Follow Up of PAP Therapy, David Kohls, NP
(9:00am to 10:00am) Fundamentals of Restless Legs Syndrome, Jodi Dreier, APNP
(10:00am to 10:30am) Break / vendors
(10:30am to 11:30am) Update on Mandibular Repositioning Devices for Control of Sleep Disordered Breathing, Dan Tache, DMD
(11:30am to 12:00pm) Updates in Sleep Medicine, Marla Von Lanen, David Kohls, Alex Villareal, Dan Tache
(12:00pm to 1:00pm) Lunch / vendors
(1:00pm to 2:00pm) Sales and Marketing of a Sleep Center: Best Practices Matthew Merlo
(2:00pm to 3:00pm) Cognitive-behavioral treatment of insomnia, Catherine Loomis, Ph.D., C.B.S.M.
(3:00pm to 3:15pm) Blicker Blocker “Grab and Go” Break
(3:15pm to 4:15pm) Advances in Pharmacological Management of Insomnia Alexander Villareal, MD
(4:15pm to 4:30pm) Closing remarks
Scroll down for Conference Agenda
2015 PowerPoints found on the Members Only page