Website Sleep Wellness Center
Winmar Diagnostics/Sleep Wellness Center is expanding our team and has positions for Sleep Technologist at our Western Wisconsin locations.
- 3 nights per week, travel required.
- Competitive hourly rates, technicians are compensated for travel and lodging.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently.
- RPSGT (Preferred), respiratory (CRT or RRT), nursing (LPN or RN), EEG or paramedic licensing accepted.
- A comprehensive training program is included.
- Generous compensation, no weekends, no holidays, PTO, health/dental insurance, and 401K benefits available.
- Position: Sleep Technologist
- Job Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: 12 hr Night Shift
- Weekly hours: 36-40 +
- Salary Range: Competitive
- Email or fax resume ATTN: Maria Regner, RRT, RPSGT
- Phone# 701-235-7424; Ext 11
- Fax # 701-239-4792
We look forward to hearing from you and joining our team!
Sleep Wellness Center, Winmar, 2700 12th Ave S. Suite B, Fargo, ND 58103
Responsibilities will include:
Gather and Analyze Patient Information
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information in order to identify and meet the
patient-specific needs (Physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status
regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history), and to determine final
testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical
director and laboratory protocols.
- Complete and verify documentation.
- Explain pre-testing, testing, and post-testing procedures to the patient.
Testing Preparation Procedures
- Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing to determine proper functioning
and make adjustments if necessary.
- Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
- Perform appropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper signals and make
adjustments if necessary.
- Perform positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fitting.
- Follow procedural protocols [such as Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of
Wakefulness Test (MWT), parasomnia studies, PAP, oxygen titration etc.] to ensure
collection of appropriate data.
- Follow “lights out” procedures to establish and document baseline values (such as body
position, oxyhemoglobin saturation, respiratory and heart rates, etc.)
- Perform Polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to
ensure signals are artifact-free and make adjustments, if necessary.
- Document routine observations including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in
procedure, and significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of
- Implement appropriate interventions (including actions necessary for patient safety and
therapeutic intervention such as continuous and bi-level positive airway pressure, oxygen
- Allow “lights on” procedures to verify integrity of collected data and complete the data
collection process (repeats the physiological and instrument calibrations and instructs the
patient on completing questionnaires, etc.)
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide age specific
care in the treatment, assessment, and education of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent,
adult, and geriatric patients.
- Oversees and performs difficult and unusual procedures and therapeutic interventions.
Polysomnographic Record Scoring
- Score sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines.
- Score clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements,
arousal etc.) according to center specific protocols.
- Generate accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data.
Transmission of Information
- Successfully uses data transmission software to transfer clinical data, waveforms, reports, and
charges for the services.
Service Management and Professional Issues
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection
- Perform routine and complex equipment care and maintenance.
- Evaluate sleep study related equipment and inventory.
- Maintain current CPR or BCLS certification.
- Demonstrate effective written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate social skills.
- Respond to study participant’s procedural-related inquiries by providing appropriate
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex situations and apply policy.
- Comply with the BRPT Standards of Conduct.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com